Thursday, October 29, 2009

Playing in the Mud= Real Marching Band


Find more photos like this on virtual southside

It's nights like tonight that make me love my job. Thank you all members of the Cardinal Marching Band community. This was a very special season.

Marching band students- you made my night. Senior marchers- thank you for your leadership. Without a doubt, this was the best marching band that Benton has seen in at least the last decade. Sorry past bands, but they hit the goal this year (just like you did before). We are a little better. Tonight's game was what I think band is all about. You put on a quality show at half-time. There were people that ran down in minutes to get a horn to use. There were people that marched on despite losing shoes to the mud. There were many costumes that were creative, and some that showed off some friendship and teamwork! There were millions of moments- musical and some more comical than musical- that will go down as memories made for me, and I hope a lot of you. That's what this is all about (to me). Using music to create memories that enrich lives. Thank you for producing so many of those for me. I will be eternally grateful.

Band parents- thank you for sharing your students and your time to this program. I hope you are as happy and proud of your students as I am. They memorized music and positions in the name of creating a quality show. Thank you for the support that you show this program. I know that students realize how lucky they are to have such a great booster group behind them. I know I am. You, the band boosters, have made a lot of things possible for this group that I was not sure could ever happen.

The end goal of what exists in the Benton Bandroom is creating a strong Benton Band Family. It's nights like tonight that make me feel like it is truly happening.

No comments: